Our punctual plumbers are experts when it comes to water heater repairs, but we also want to help our customers avoid unfortunate situations, like going without hot water because of a problem with the water heater. That’s why we offer preventative water heater maintenance, so you can rest assured your water heater is dependable.
The Maintenance Process
- We’ll check your safety relief valve and emergency shutoff valve to make sure that your water heater is as safe as possible in case a problem does occur.
- We’ll also test the water temperature to make sure it’s at an optimal level. It should be warm enough to take a hot shower comfortably, but not so warm that it could cause any safety concerns.
- Then we’ll inspect your burner assembly and the power supply that’s heating the water.
- If needed, we’ll flush out the system to get rid of any debris that may cause a problem with the efficiency of the machine, and could lead to larger problems.
- These steps all help to ensure that your water heater is working as efficiently as possible and they will help increase the water heater’s lifespan.
Causes of Catastrophic Water Heater Failures
It is important to be aware that your water heater could fail and cause a dangerous situation for you and your family. That is why it is crucial to know the general causes for water heater failures and how to prevent it from happening to you.
- Improper adjustment of temperature and pressure controls
- Altered safety valves or relief valves
- Work performed by unqualified or untrained personnel
- Lack of routine inspection and proper maintenance
- Improper installation
- Lack of proper controls and safety devices
It’s easy to forget about your water heater until something goes wrong. Unfortunately, water heaters are not as maintenance free as some people would like to believe. And if you have a problem, you need to contact the experienced plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.